Subject: Re: [Leica] Age
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:31:42 +0100

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>I find this whole discussion amusing. For what it's worth, I am 37--is
>that old?>>>>>

Nope, not in numbers, but with the "wrong attitude" you can be way over the
hill! :) I've met lots of guys 40

>By the way, my 9-year old loves my Leica...>>>>>>>

Well nows the time to get him started! My four children all grew-up with
Leicas and in the darkroom. They all know how to shoot and two of them are
OK, one is a mother family shooter of her children and the other is an
exceptional photographer.  To-day I've got ten grand children and three of
them know how to "play with Leicas" :) I should say know how to use them
very well, of the three 2 become teen agers this year.

So get your boy doing his picture taking with you and you'll have a greater
closeness with him. Trust me, this is one I really know what I'm talking
about.

Particularly when number 2 son is one of the finest sports photographers
I've ever seen.  (I know I sound bias!) :) But every Olympics and other
international games we have worked on for clients over the past 12 years he
has shot my butt off! So what else can I say.:)

It still comes down to:  you're only as old as your attitude!

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant