Subject: [Leica] Leica History CD
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 23:19:11 +0100

I now have the Leica History 1925-1965 CD. For anyone on this list who
still admits to being a collector (keep your head down) it is an excellent
resource.

Some documents are later than the stated timeframe, as late as 1972. About
half of the 170 documents are in German. The publications reproduced are
catalogs, brochures, price lists, instructions, etc. The instruction pages
will be especially useful to the user-collector, as such data is not always
readily available.

Reproduction of the documents-color,sharpness, etc looks excellent on my
monitor. Some of the documents appear a little aged, or have writing on
them, but no doubt many are quite rare, and to have so many in one place is
a real treat.

The CD was edited by Erwin Puts and is distributed in the US by Marc James
Small, both frequent contributors to the LUG. I'm sure they can assist you
if you would like one.

One other note. When I first got the CD, I could not get all the documents
to load and it ran very slowly. I don't use Acrobat or PDF files much, and
had never looked at the version. With some difficulty (Adobe's site is
pretty busy) I upgraded to version 3.01. Now it works flawlessly and really
flies! (Even on my Mac 7200/75, speaking of collector's items!)

Nick Hunter