Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 design, Erwins design review
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@readersdigest.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:00:47 -0400

I must agree with the criticism of the RB. While I see there is some method
to the company's attempt to be faithful to its traditional design precepts,
the fact that the R8 simply looks so different from anything else around -
and therefore draws too much attention to itself when out in the real world
- - makes it unsuitable for my purposes. It's the camera Darth Vader would
love. The M-camera, on the other hand, whether M2/3/4/4-2/4P/6, has always
been unobtrusive, even innocent looking. This is good.