Subject: Re: [Leica] ANGENIEUX (off topic)
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:52:56 EDT

Dave wrote:

<< Ah, just the man I need to talk to. I appreciate that it's a long time
 ago, but can you remember which way round the Angenieux focus ring went?
 Was it the same way as Nikon, or the opposite?

 I keep seeing Angenieux lenses for Nikon MF advertised cheaply, and being
 tempted... >>

Dave:

I honestly don't remember which way the focus or aperture rings went, if I had
to bet on it, I would say "normal" not Nikon backwards.  However, it did have
seperate zoom and focus, which I prefered over a one-touch.  I regret selling
that F3/Angenieux setup.  I like traveling light with camera equipment (hence
my move into and M6 system) and hope to replace the SLR w/ a great zoom lens
in the future (likely R8).  I miss the ability to crop-on-site with the zoom,
without moving my lazy ass!! :)  The M6 has definitely forced me to become a
more athletic photographer!!

If you see one of these lenses at a good price, buy it!!

Cheers

Arturo