Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 12:01:00 EDT

Ted Grant Wrote:

<< I opend the box took the camera in hand and knew immediately it was an
 ___"exceptional machine"____ >>

Hi Ted:

I concur with your thoughts on the R8.  I too think it is an exceptional
machine.

Remember the thread earlier in the week that made the analogy of Leica
equipment to drug addiction?  I think the negative R8 comments come from the
same place.  We Leica users become spoiled with great machines, and when Solms
comes along with an even greater model, moments later, it isn't good enough,
or "strong enough!"

It appears that this quest for perfection and quality extends beyond cameras.
I bet most Leica users also have a great appreciation for fine mechanical
watches, autos, bicycles, etc.

The quest for perfection and quality is insatiable!  I too am guilty of it (I
once thought that the movement on the aperture ring on my new M50f2.0 could be
smoother!!  Imagine that!! :)

Cheers

Arturo