Subject: [Leica] Re: Superb Leica R8
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 20:23:58 +0200

On 29-05-1998 21:25 Ted Grant wrote:

>When I started looking through the view finder, I really knew I had a
>winner Leica in my hands.

Ted,

My feeling exactly. After having put the R8 and F5 next to one another, I
played a bit with both devices in the camera shop. When I compared
handling etc., they were both fine. But when I looked through the
viewfinder of both cameras, I immediately knew it was going to be the R8
and not the F5. Brighter impression, and, important for people with
glasses, although both viewfinders are of the high-eyepoint type, I
noticed that it was somewhat easier to look through the R8 viewfinder
with my glasses. With the R8 I have a full view, this tends to be a bit
less with the F5 - don't know why. Maybe someone with technical
backgrounds could explain.
But I was bitten by the virus. And taking into consideration the great
looks and the "built-like-a-tank" impression, I was sold :-)

Pascal

Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch