Subject: Re: [Leica] R Mode survey (+ metering method)
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 23:40:28 +0100

Andrew Jordan wrote:

>It would be interesting to know what is
>the frequency distribution of mode selection
>among LUG users of R4, R5, R7 and R8.
>Let me start to show what I have in mind.

Andrew,

This is what I discovered thanks to your question:

R5 : (1987-93)
Aperture priority + spot: 90%
Aperture priority + average:5%
Manual (spot): 5%

R7 : (1993-97)
idem

R8 : (1997-98)
Program + multi-pattern : 60%
Program + spot : 38%
Manual 2%
But I always play with the shutter speed wheel
in order to customize the program.
N.B. I think that in the future the % of spot
will continue to decrease in favor of the multi-pattern
because my trust in the latter is growing.

Interesting...

Lucien