Subject: [Leica] Black v. Chrome v. Titanium--The Results
From: "Jeff Alford" <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 12:52:45 -0700

Here are the results of our informal poll of M6 color choice.

Black              32 cameras              53%
Chrome         21 cameras              35%
Titanium       5 cameras                8%
Platinum        1 camera                 2%
Panda              1 camera                 2%

This a very small sampling, only 60 cameras. I did not include M6 0.85 in
the above sampling since there are no color options. By the way, a "Panda"
is a chrome M6 body with black advance lever, shutter speed dial and rewind
crank.

Tom Brichta of Leica USA (a fellow LUG member) tells me that chrome is about
10% and titanium is about 3% of world wide M6 production.

Thanks to all that responded to my trivial survey!! :-)

Jeff Alford