Subject: Re: [Leica] M3/M6 .85 VF vs Actual Size BLs
From: Bill Welch <welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:44:33 -0400

At 09:49 PM 5/30/98 EDT, Marvin  wrote:
> It is easy to knock something if you haven't tried it -- and of course this
>is
> one of my favorite topics, and I cannot imagine anyone that has used the
> 50 or 35mm Brite-Line Finders ever doing without one.
> ...  would like to
> hear their opinions if the have ever used BLs.

I picked up a 35mm BL finder almost by accident -- it came with a used M4 I
found in a shop. I find myself using it more and more. It does give a nice,
bright view of the 35mm field. You are right that it takes some time and
adjustment to become comfortable with  moving your eye between the
viewfinder and the BL. And it of course is more difficult when you are
shooting at full aperature and the focusing is most critical. But it
becomes automatic after a while. I'd used the 21 SA and BL for a long time
too.

Bill