Subject: [Leica] A question about the R4 vs. the R5
From: Erich Champion <echampio@Adobe.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 07:54:56 -0700

Hi,

Once upon a time, I owned an original Leicaflex, but that was back in
high shool. I'm thinking of buying a Leica again, and am wondering about
the features of the R4 and R5. What are the differences between the two
cameras?

I've heard that the R5 provides TTL flash metering with the Metz SCA350
module. Will the R4 still work with that SCA module to provide dedicated
automatic flash metering, even if it's not metered during the actual
exposure?

I've also heard that models of the R4 with serial numbers beginning in
153 and 154 have problems with light leaks and with their electronics.
Is that true? Is the R5 a better made camera than the R4?

Thank you for any and all opinions.
- --
Erich Champion : mailto:echampio@adobe.com  : 408.536.6497 Voice
User Education : Adobe Systems Incorporated : 408.537.4040 Fax
- --