Subject: RE: [Leica] TID>Ernst Hass
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:42:41 -0500

At 01:39 PM 10/14/98 -0400, you wrote:

>You are probably the wrong person to ask, but have you had any experience
>with the keeping properties of TMZ.  I remember a discussion on CServe years
>ago that "old" TMZ was terrible versus fresh stuff.  Even the freezer
>doesn't keep it well.  Since I tend to shoot in fits and starts and the film
>isn't readily available locally I have shied away from the stuff.

There is very good reason to be concerned. Kodak keeps it stored way down
deep underground when they are "aging" it, to keep it's exposure to
"cosmic" rays to a minimum. But it's just a matter of testing. It won't be
a problem with color obviously, but from fogging. So if you don't see fog
in a test roll, I would suspect the batch is good. It would be rather
consistent I suspect.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Where reason has failed, fallibility may yet succeed. -- George Soros