Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:54:11 -0800

>Has any Luggers bought the new Tri-Elmar?  I hear very little of this new lens
>from the group.  It seems as if there was more excitement about the lens
>before it was released.
>
>Arturo

Erwin Puts reviewed it on his web site. It's an excellent performer
(according to Mr. Puts), but it would be a hard lens for me to live with
since I often want to open up to f/2 on my 35 and 50 summicrons. The M6 in
a Billingham bag is so compact that the Tri-Elmar is hardly any more
convenient than four primes: it doesn't eliminate the primary nuisance of
carrying a camera around in the first place, and so wouldn't gain me much.
And finally, I don't use the 28mm at all, if I go below 35mm I use a 20mm.
This way I can use the M6HM and get critical focus with my 90mm.

Just one opinion.

- -Charlie