Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz and Leica Glass
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 22:37:57 +0200

It was a shock to me too and I, too, checked one knowledgeable source,
Gianni Rogliatti=B4s Leica and Leicaflex Lenses - and guess what I foun=
d:
"glass ... is researched and its characteristics determined byt the Lei=
tz
optical laboratory. It is then produced in quantity by outside supplier=
s"
(page 12). It seems that one=B4s memory is not so good when in an - wel=
l -
advanced age. Raimo

- ----------
> From: Patrick G. Sobalvarro <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz and Leica Glass
> Date: 01. kes=E4kuuta 1998 20:39
>=20
> Marc James Small wrote:
> > To the best of my knowledge, and per every written source I have at
hand,
> > neither Leitz nor Leica EVER made their own glass.  The Research La=
was