Subject: [Leica] Funny Glass ?
From: dci@aa.net (Don Chatterton)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:35:52 -0800

Could any of you research-types, with your resouces in espionage, confirm a
rumor which has bugged us, and has now arisen again?

A couple of months ago, our Leica rep remarked that the "point and shoot
Leicas" had lenses made by Hoya, and not Leica.

Today, I was informed that the glass for the new 75mm 1.4 Summilux was also
from Hoya.

This is from two different major Tokyo dealers. These parties bring good
credentials to their statements, and have been Leica dealers for many
years,

Since the conversation has been about glass all week, it has peaked my
curiosity.

Thanks.....Don