Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R4 = repair it at least four times
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:43:37 +0100

Christian wrote:

<<<<<< Now it happened a third time. From these experiences I would say:
stay away from R4's.>>>>>>>>

Hi Christian,

I wont bother LUG members once again of my threatening Leica to smash an R4
to pieces on their front steps with national TV and wire service stills
photogs doing there recording of the event, if they didn't give me a new
camera instead of trying to fix the piece of junk for the fourth time. I
wouldn't buy an R4 for a dime unless it had the guts taken out and totally
replaced! No matter what serial number!:)

Some of the early R4's off the assemblyline models had the same junk guts
as the crap guts of the R3!  They were fixed and the R4 actually became a
fine working camera after Leitz fixed whatever the horror story innards
were.

But for my money I'd buy an SL before I'd buy an R4 or save my money and go
right, get an R8! :)

ted