Subject: Re: [Leica] New R-50 f1.4 Summilux
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:11:57 +0100

Tom D.wrote:

>taking several weeks off to develop my eye; would try to operate ( R8 )
>with only the 50 f1.4 & a 90 f2.8.  My soul needs encouragement; what else
>but a minimal set of Leica optics mounted on a R8 ;-)!>>>>>

Hi Tom,

You'll find it very heart warming, a tad frustrating at first and certainly
a good challenge working with the 50mm.  However as I learned while
shooting the city of Vancouver using only a 50mm, you'll look harder at
what you think you want to shoot, find very interesting locations with neat
angles and turn them into surprisingly interesting slides.

But most of all, you'll relearn patients and photo skills you may have
forgotten or just put aside due to access of many other focal lengths. The
simplicity of only one or two lenses is a great learning experience and
actually rekindles the earliest memories of picture taking when we only had
one camera and one lens.:)

It will be surprising how much you'll enjoy this adventure and the
"different quality of image" you'll shoot.

I look forward to hearing how you made out.

You on the other hand will have to wait until October at the Leica Seminar
to see what I did on Vancouver! :)

ted