Subject: [Leica] R 80/1.4
From: K K Hui <kkhui@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 22:14:50 +0800

>"Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com> wrote:
> I only own one Summilux; the 80 f1.4 & it's center sharpness at f1.4 &
f2 seem fairly >good.

Tom
I'm pondering whether to get the 80/1.4 for use with my R8, could you
give us a little more user comments on this lens in terms of optical
performance. What's the sharpness, contrast, color & resolution like at
wide open and slightly stop down to say, to f4; both centre and edge?
Would you recommend it for portriat works?
Thanks
kk