Subject: Re: [Leica] APO Macro Elmarit R
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:03:46 -0500

At 03:21 PM 6/5/98 +0100, you wrote:

>I know folk here rave about the 100/2.8 APO Macro Elmarit R. Was
>there ever a non APO version, or are all 100/2.8 R lenses APO?

Yes, the 2.8s are all APO. And stunning lenses they are.

But there were two other 100 Macro lenses. They're f/4. And I can say from
experience they are super lenses too. One is standard focusing mount on R
cameras. The other is bellows only. You can find them for a song. Don't
know if they go on the current Leica bellows.

A camera store - Citizen Photo in Portland, OR - uses the 100 f/4 macro for
their slide dupes. And it produces really nice results.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.