Subject: RE: Was: [Leica] Noctilux Now: Summilux
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:26:53 -0400

> While there may be a touch of truth in all this, it strikes me as the
> height of absurdity for someone to pine for improvement in a lens
> he or she
> has never even used.
>
> For goodness sakes, forget the lens testers' charts and go make some
> photographs.
>
> Bill Welch>

Amen. And isn't the logical conclusion here that the only thing to which
Noctilux performance should be compared is to another f1 or faster lens,
designed not as a general use lense - even though there are those in LUGland
who use it as such - but designed for use in extremely low light conditions.
The point is not that the Noctilux does or does not perform like a
summicron, but that it performs at all!