Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Super AngulonR
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 19:24:10 -0700

On June 5, Bud Cook asked about experience with the 21 Super Angulon-R.

Patrick followed by commenting "If you focus on something that is about =
foot or two from the camera with your Super-Angulon-R open to f/4, I
daresay you will be a little disappointed by the lack of sharpness when
you enlarge the negative or project the slide.  Once again, stopping
down to f/8 or f/11 helps a lot in this case."

I have been using this the 21/4 -R for about three months now|.  I had =
intended to sell it, but find I like it too much.  There is very little =
light fall-off at the corners.  It has proven to be great at parades and =
street fairs.

I have not been disappointed by lack of sharpness at f/4.  I just always =
need to remember that when it is focused at two feet, the depth of field =
is about 21 inches to 28.5 inches and at one foot, the depth of field is =
about 11 inches to 13 inches.  Then I have to remember that the field of =
view is about 92 degrees.

In the field, the lens seems to perform well. I am even learning that to =
take a group photo, to curve the group rather than have everyone in a =
straight line.

Regards,  Bill