Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 shutter flaw
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 17:28:40 +0200

On 07-06-1998 13:28 TonynyX44@aol.com wrote:

>Any R8 owners have any problems with their camera? Lately on mine the shutter
>has been sticking (appears to me that way since on the back of the camera the
>display just keeps blinking and I can't COCK the shutter with the winder on
>the body or OFF.

My first R8 also had problems with strange indications in the back LCD
display. And its back didn't close correctly anymore. So I asked for a
replacement, not a repair, and Leica was so correct as to oblige me for
which I am very grateful!

Before you do that, however, take out the batteries (reset the camera
functions), clean all battery contacts and back panel contacts, and put
the batteries back in a day later to see if the same thing happens.
Good luck.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !