Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit P150--and RT300
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 12:36:16 -0700

> From: Jeff S

Jeff - To quote form the RT300 Instruction Manual: "Dichroic mirror heat
reducing system - to remove heat without color distortion." Directly behind
the mirror, a spring-clipped sheet-metal bracket would appear to absorb the
IR heat, and a couple of slots nearby are probably part of the fan
duct-work for cooling.

Besides being fully Kodak Carousel compatible (including their dissolve
units), the RT300 dichroic mirror system was reported to submit the slide
itself to one of the lowest temperatures of any projector.

The mottled, green pattern on my RT300 mirror is a circular shape in the
same size as the projector bulb. I'm wondering if anyone else with an RT300
has a similar condition on their mirror.

Thanks, Jeff, for the Edmund Scientific lead - I'll check it out.

Gary