Subject: Re: [Leica] Film loading on M3 (...6)
From: Dave Richards <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 14:47:18 -0600

Sander,

I suggest that, as the shoe manufacturer says, you 'just do it.'

I bought my first Leica, an M6, last December.  Like you I was a bit put
off by what I thought would be a difficult procedure.  I had read and
listened to too much talk about the difficulty of loading an M.

I tried a couple of test loadings with a roll of outdated film, then tried
the real thing with a new roll.  It went off without a hitch.

A while back Tina Manley (I believe it was her) suggested bending the first
part of the leader (1/2 inch or so) into a Z shape, feeling that this
helped the slots in the takeup spool grip the film more positively.  I've
tried it and it works beautifully.

Just do it!

Dave