Subject: Re: [Leica] Film loading on M3 (...6)
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 22:46:31 EDT

Sander,

You may not like the method described, but it does work.  This reminds me of
my first Leica School in 1972.  This was also my first trip to Mecca, and I
was in awe of all things Leica also being a lad of 14.  All my M experience
had been with M3's to this point.  We were introduced to the M4 and M5 and I
was having enormous trouble loading the camera trying to do it the way you
would carefully thread the film into an M3.  Rudi Kraut, the instructer, told
me, "Just shove the film in the camera, put the bottom on, make your three
blind exposures and away you go".  Damned if he wasn't right!  I've been doing
it the same way ever since.  And I've taught countless other friends and
customers the same method.  Works like a charm - have a little faith in our
friends from Wetzlar!

Bill Rosauer