Subject: [Leica] 35-70 f4 a point and shoot?
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:59:39 EDT

In a message dated 98-06-09 12:43:31 EDT, Jim Brick wrote:

<< IMHO, this lens is intended for the P&S amateur market. A great lens for
 those who don't use polarizers or lens hoods. >>

Now Jim, that depends on what one shoots. I have yet to use a polarizer for
any grab and grin assignment, wedding (shudder), or any other "reportage"
work. The hood is one of the things I like about the lens as well. I can see
how the single helicoil could be a problem for the type of photography you
shoot (very well), but it has been a non-issue for me.

My two cents.

Will von Dauster