Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit P150--very nice
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:50:00 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Richard W. Hemingway <n5xrd@telepath.com>
>>Curious that the Kodak should've given you more curvature when using the
>>same lens, so I have to wonder if some of this is a  byproduct of the
>>various condensors and heat absorbers in the system?
>
>Yes, I thought that it was very curious - but it happened.  I worked with
>the Ektagraph with every kind of slide mount I could work with and none of
>them worked very well with either the CF or FF Leica lenses.

What really struck me about the P2002 + FF Colorplan show that I attended
was that for a change, I wasn't noticing that the focus was soft in the
corners or center, but rather, simply enjoyed the pictures, regardless of
whether they were mounted in cardboard or glass. I wasn't alone either:
Though a table of M and R goodies was provided, the projectors practically
stole the show! Unfortunately, no one had thought to set up for A/B
comparisons between the various Pradovits.

About the RT-300; I have the feeling I know what it looks like--big blocky
thing with rounded-off corners, and way too big to want to carry further
than the parking lot? If so, it's a possibility, but  a few compromises may
be made here, because this is one show that I want to take on location from
time to time.

>Lets see, I have
>about as much chance to do this as I did to build a special room just for
>my audio equipment!!  (I used to be al old audio nut and built all my
stuff)

Okay, then let me express my wishes in audio terms: I'm looking for the Dyna
SCA35 of slide projectors--Big sound (for modest rooms)  little package, and
so much fun that the few which show up on the used market have been played
'till they wouldn't play no more :-)

Jeff