Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm finders--choices
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:48:12 +0900

- --------------5B488E37740FC60007B16819

I bought a Contax/Kyocera finder for its G series for about $70 new.  It
has neither of the features you are looking for; however, it does have a
cross in the centre which will help you keeping the camera level.  Also,
its rubber eye cup prevents damage to my glasses.  The glass is
multicoated and is quite clear and crispy.  Bigger than Leica finders,
but quite a bit smaller than the Kobalux/Avenon/Adorama finder.  Also,
there is a lot less distortion than the Kobalux/Avenon/Adorama finder.

Charles Dunlap wrote:

> What are the choices for good used finders (I can't see the sense in paying
> >$500 for the new Leica ones). What are the benefits, drawbacks of the
> types available?
>
> Right now I have the Russian finder for the 20mm Russar. It's quite
> serviceable, but
>
> 1) I'd like framelines so that I could see outside of the picture field--I
> think a slight reduction in image magnification would make composition a
> little easier.
>
> 2) I'd like a bubble level visible in the finder. I don't think the current
> Leica one has this--for the price it should. Am I underestimating the Leica
> finder (why so much money?).
>
> -Charlie
>              Charles E. Dunlap
>          Earth Sciences Department
>           University of California
>             Santa Cruz, CA 95064
> Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074
>
>          mailto:cdunlap@es.ucsc.edu

Ken Iisaka                     $B%b%k%,%s%9%?%s%l!<>Z7t2q<R(B
Morgan Stanley Japan, Limited  $B>pJs5;=QIt!!!!!!!!HS:d(B  $B7r(B
- --------------5B488E37740FC60007B16819

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ken Iisaka
n:              Iisaka;Ken
org:            Morgan Stanley Japan, Limited
adr:            Yebisu Garden Place;;20-3, Ebisu 4-chome;Shibuya-ku;Tokyo;150-0068;Japan
email;internet: kiisaka@ms.com
tel;work:       +81 (0)3 5424 4434
tel;fax:        +81 (0)3 5424 4349
tel;home:       +81 (0)3 3721 7295