Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux & protective filter
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:57:03 -0800

>any recommendations for a filter that does *not* cause vignetting on
>this lens ?

I wouldn't be worrying about vignetting as much as reflections. I've gotten
horrible reflections shooting with a filter on by candlelight. This occured
on a 35 Summicron wide open in a church and was due to the filter. I've
since learned to take the filter off in the dark.

To guard against vignetting you might consider the filters with thin rings
sold by B+W. They're made for wide angle lenses so they probably come in
the right size for the Nocitlux.

- -Charlie