Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:13:02 -0500

At 08:06 AM 6/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone who has used more than one computer should be aware that photographs
>look different on every computer. My photographs
>(http://www.photoaccess.com/) look good on my computer at work (Photo
>Access) and look horrible on my home computer. Sony 17" 200GS at work, NEC
>MultiSync XE21 at home. Both adjusted to the best of my ability. So when I
>see other peoples work on the web, I take into consideration that it IS ON

Jim,

Do you have Photoshop 5? It puts GAMMA in the startup of Windows, and has
much more mature color control for Mac as well. Finally, PC monitors can be
calibrated. So you can make your monitor at home be just like your monitor
at work. That alone is worth the upgrade to Photoshop 5, not to mention a
boat load of other great goodies!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal