Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens tests & Etc. ;-)
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:24:08 -0500

One thing that seems to be missing from almost everyone's *tests* is
color transmission.  This if far more important to me than a slight
difference in contrast/resolution.  I did notice that Erwin mentioned
that the fourth version of the 35 Summicron had a more neutral color
rendition than (some of) the lenses using molded aspheric elements.

All this business of lens testing reminds me of the rave reviews that
Modern Photo gave to a no-name telephoto when someone finally got around
to shooting color with the thing and found out it was a disaster.

Too bad lens tests don't include an evaluation or comparison of color
rendition.

Bud Cook