Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 film advance lever
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:32:10 +0000

Thanks to Harrison, Ted, and Pascal re my R8 film advance lever.  Sounds
like all is well.

John
- ----------
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
To: "LUG" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:03:29 -0500

John,

What I think you are seeing is that the R8 does not have a wratcheted
film advance like the M6 does and if you get to the end of a roll with
almost enough film left for a complete film advance it will flop about.
Try doing a "short" advance on one frame and you will see what I mean.  I
don't think this is something to worry about.

John McLeod wrote

>I got to the end of the roll on my new R8 yesterday and noticed (before
>rewinding the film) that the film advance lever was loose and without
>tension.  I haven't put that many rolls of film through the camera and had
>not noticed this before.  My R6's work like other SLR I'm familiar with --
>when you get to the end of the roll the lever is essentially firm and
>unmovable, letting you know that the film cannot be advanced further.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto