Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bug
From: LNRPhoto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:20:15 EDT

Rather nice about Leica that it has such a long history enabling many people
to chronolog their own parallel to it.  Also notable how many people including
professionals seem to hold on to their older Leicas whilst selling or trading
other marques for newer iterations.  I happen to be amongst the latter.  My
IIIa and IIIf with 35-50-90-135 thread-mount lenses and various accessories
(still in unsoiled condition thanks to having used now-unfavoured "never-
ready" cases and lens cases) now reside in a display case alongside my pair of
late-numbered M2's with 21 f3.4, 35 Summaron, 50 Elmar, 90 Tele-Elmarit and
135 Elmar (all of which are chrome finish) and an M42 with the 21,35
Summicron,50 Summicron,90 Tele and 135 Tele-Elmar in black.  Although I
currently use M6's and latest-generation lenses (including the 21 ASPH and 35
f/2 ASPH) I will never (lest I descend into poverty) part with the outfits
which followed my career through nearly five decades.   I've seen many
photographs shot with AF/auto-everything cameras which although arguably
unobtainable with the Leica, radiated of high-technology to such an extent as
to be bereft of the human spirit altogether.

Larsen Renfrew