Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bug
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:09:04 EDT

<< I had purchased my first Leica from The Photo-Cine Shop on 18th St. in
 Phila. The owner George ( whose last name escapes me) took a liking to
 me and would inform me whenever anything interesting in Leica turned >>

While you were there, I was getting a Ph.D. from Penn. I,too, spent all of my
money at Photo-Cine to the great pleasure of George (Knechtsberger). As with
you , he would call me if something interesting came in (maybe he used us to
get the stuff more quickly!). In the end I had bought several lenses,
Leicaflex and R bodies from him. THe store now is only a shadow of what it
once was. It was then a truly wonderous place for me. Now they sell film and
one hour developing, I think - just a couple of Leica things when I was there
a few months ago.

I, also, really think that my happiest days were spent taking pictures of my
wife and, later, kids. Quite a bit of Leica "love" circulates around memories
and the recreation of happy times, at least for me.

Bob Figlio