Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG web space project
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 19:57:58 -0400

What a great idea!

If you do all the scanning I'm afraid you will get very busy, Francesco.
If only 10% of the LUG friends participate (60 LUGs) and each send you just
10 slides you have to scan 600 slides.  If you spend only 2 minutes per
slide for scanning, etc. you will spend 1200 minutes or 20 hours of your
time laboring for us.  If it takes you 3 minutes per slide and 20%
participates you need already 60 hours.
In other words, your offer might be too generous.  I suggest you create scan
specifications (size and dpi of the picture) and wait and see what the
results are.  You can always change the process.

My suggestion for the name:  www.leica-friends.net

Just a thought from Jorg