Subject: Re: [Leica] funny scribble
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 06:55:51 -0500

At 10:39 PM 6/17/98 +0100, you wrote:

>>around a bit to ensure they all have unique "Ted Grant" marks, followed
>>by the obligatory spraying of cow 'stuff', most of which will be wiped
>>off.   Hey, its not really that farfetched, is it?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>Dennis, my LUG friend,
>
>The thing is....that when I say I'd do something like this if I won it
>wouldn't be far fetched, it would be done!!!!!! :)   What the hell would a
>69 year old do with 5 million dollars, but try to make alot of other folks

I can see the new Ted Grant commemorative Leica M6 in my mind's eye.

It would have his signature on it.

It would be encased in rubber, so as to bounce off the steps of a certain
camera manufacturer's headquarters building in Toronto.

It would have a little rain coat for those special times when used near cows.

The lens would be renamed to the 35mm f/2 Summicrap. With his signature on
the BULL+WHOOPS filter. No lens hood (it won't help).

Then it would be coloured (note the Canadian spelling) to contrast with the
average cow pie, thus making it easier to spot in the aftermath.

A truly collectable model! (Unless the raincoat has been utilized.)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.