Subject: [Leica] New Leica Minilux with Hot Shoe
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:54:46 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

Leica has just marketed the first zoom point and shoot with a standard ISO hot
shoe for external flash units. I've been after Leica and Olympus to do just
this for about three years. Leica came thru first. Leica Solms is one of the
most conservative outfits in the world. I certainly respect them for staying
clear of AF for their M and reflex lines. A Leica lens in those categories is
still high precision metal -- the best in the field.

I'm sure that new little Leica won't disappoint.

Bob

RE: <<The new LEICA minilux zoom combines the advantages of the popular and
test-winning LEICA minilux with the versatility of a zoom lens.
The newly designed, powerful LEICA VARIO-ELMAR f/3.5-6.5/35-70mm allows most
subjects to be pictured favorably. In addition the LEICA minilux zoom is
equipped with an ISO-hotshoe, so, if needed, the also new, more powerful
external flash unit LEICA CF can be employed.>> --Leica Camera AG, CPR
Newsletter, 6-18-98