Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 Enlarger & 1C
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:25:59 -0700

> From: Marc James Small
>
> Thanks to Chris Fortunko, I got the V35 up and running flawlessly.  I
still
> use the Beseler for MF work, but am using the V35 for all my
> miniature-format work.

On an enlarger note, I just got my deal of the year from a California
dealer on a Focomat 1c for my photographer son, John. Only $100 for a
modern model with the tall column, but not the Formica base board. It's a
large wooden base with the clamping lever. Even included a clean 4.5/50
Focotar!

Apparently it had been purchased, then returned and was taking up valuable
space. Guess you just need to show up at the right time. Anyway, John up in
Portland was really pleased and Mom and Dad have given him some incentive
to drive down to Eureka for a visit to pick up his new toy!

Glad to hear the V35 is working, Marc. I love mine, especially the easy to
change heads when going between color Ilfochrome (is it Ok to still call it
Cibachrome - a much more pleasing sound?) and VC B&W. But the 1c is
certainly a great enlarger, too, and I still haven't parted with my own 1c
with the color filter drawer and white base. Maybe a good Leica trade would
entice me. Anybody interested?

Gary Todoroff