Subject: Re: [Leica] Technique
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:43:37 -0800

>I now have a Summicron 35mm f2.0.
>I heard many of you on the list saying that with M6HM it is difficult to
>view the framelines of the 35mm if at all when you wear spectacles like
>I do.  Now, I have a regular M6 and I do not see the entire 35mm frame
>when I look through the viewfinder.  I'm looking through the little hole
>but am I handling correctly??

Do you mean that you find it difficult to see all of the 35mm frame lines
or that some of them are missing? I assume the former. This might be true
when wearing glasses.

If you want an idea of how the 35mm frameline on the M6HM looks then look
at the 28mm frameline on the regular M6. The 35mm frameline is almost as
far towards the edges as the 28mm frame on the regular M6.

I wear contact lenses and I don't mind the 35mm frameline on the M6HM. It's
not quite as far out as the 28mm on the regular and the difference in the
size of the 90mm frameline (although only 20% in acuality) is night and day
in practice. I can see that with the HM I would be using the 90 more and
more effectively. The bigger rangefinder patch is great too; focussing
seems faster and more certain since there's more image to use in judging
the match.

- -Charlie