Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH lenshood and bad, beautiful weather
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:08:16 -0500

At 09:56 AM 6/21/98 -0700, you wrote:

>is secured with a catch on the bottom. Sometimes I wish the cap was easier
>to get off. But am really happy that neither the hood nor cap won't pop off
>by itself/themselves.

You must have an odd one, Jim, my cap is now lost, because it falls off too
easily. But the harried life of a photojournalist, I even lost a Gitzo
tripod, and just remembered where I left it.

And boy did I have fun with my 19mm 2.8 last night. I was sitting watching
an HBO movie last night when all of a sudden I noticed in the middle of a
thunder storm that the sun broke out, just about time for sunset. I thought
"there has to be a rainbow." So I jumped up and looked out and sure enough.
But this one was different, it had streaks of lightning flashing through
it. So I ran out with my Tiltal tripod and R8 and 19 and shot a roll of 100
Neg film. F/22 for whatever time it was taking something like 4-8 seconds.
And several times I think I caught a couple of flashes on one frame. We
shall see tomorrow. It's like Christmas waiting to open the presents. Makes
me want to go to work Monday morning!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You know how to make God laugh? Make a plan. - Anonymous