Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #142
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:42:01 EDT

To the guy who's having a baby over the new Minilux zoom while praising the
Contax in this place, of all areas...the below is just ONE sampling I found on
the net on the relative merits of his beloved TVS compared to the Mini ZOOM
(not even the Minilux zoom btw):

One quote from the NET:

"I have shot with a T2, a TVS, a T4 super, a Hexar and a mini Zoom and I
prefer the Minilux for one reason or another, in my limited experience
the Minilux shots are considerably better in terms of tonal graduation,
color balance, resolution and sharpness ,I have not yet shot any slides
but I think that the Minilux lens equals the Leica 50 mm F2 that I am
used to, not bad for a camera built by Panasonic with the lens build by
Hoya, all of course to Leica specs."

I looked at what Contax has in a comparable setting, T2 and TVS, and I bought
the STANDARD Minilux and I'll unashamedly lay the pictures I took next to
anything the T2 and TVS has to offer.

Tony