Subject: [Leica] Digital Future of Leica
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:40:08 EDT

Alan wrote:

<< This certainly leaves market space for the likes of Leica or Zeiss, even if
 it seems obvious these companies will not be leading suppliers of the
 high-tech active elements of the camera itself (just like today Leica is
 not a leading supplier of shutters, electronic telemetering devices or
 other strategic parts of contemporary cameras). >>
Alan:
Yes I agree, strategic partnerships will probably be the rule and Leica will
undoubtedly will be on the lens forefront.  However, I do believe that what
ever happens on the digital front, 35mm film & processing will always be
available--maybe not as many choices, maybe more expensive.  But I certainly
plan on using my M6 for many, many years to come!
Arturo