Subject: [Leica] Digital: OFF-TOPIC
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:06:01 -0500

At 02:58 PM 22-06-98 -0700, Francesco wrote:
>I would consider a digital camera IF and only IF:
>
>1.  It were feasibly portable and not too big
>2.  It could work with a laptop as a field camera for outdoor use
>3.  It produced STUNNING images, AT LEAST as good as the
>     ones I get from scanning Leica chromes onto PhotoCD
>4.  It had a recycle time under a minute
>5.  On the computer screen, an image created with it could not be
>     told apart from a high-res PhotoCD image

Kodak has announced the DC260, a (roughly) 1500x1000 pixel camera that they
claim can produce photo quality output on 8x10 paper.  At 240 dpi, it
should be capable of that.  Camera even has a PC socket for flash, unusual
for low end digital cameras.  Street price is supposed to be about $800 U.S.

Dan C.