Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:28:42 -0500

At 10:02 PM 6/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>>I suggest that the reason newspapers and news agencies prefer digital is
>speed and cost-per-image, not because digital images are superior.  >>
>
>The main reason is that the digital imges can be transmitted from anywhere
>over a phone line...

Any photo can be digitized. Digital cameras have only two advantages over
film. Speed and (over the long term) expense. Some day that might change,
but otherwise, that's it. And the only reason my paper is going digital.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.