Subject: [Leica] S1, was Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:34:38 -0700

yes, i saw the results on-screen at K&S while they had the camera set up.

some things about the s1:

1. it takes a long time to scan the image. "point & shoot" the s1 aint. i
can't recall the exact times but i believe that it takes over 60 seconds
to capture an image.

2. just as with any film camera it's very easy to capture an awful image.
settings, settings, settings.

3. it's a camera for reproduction work of immobile objects.
archiving fine art for instance.

perhaps tom brichta could tell us more (he was setting it up).

mark