Subject: Re: [Leica] Great reading
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:41:10 -0800

>Actually, I thought the review was very negative towards the G2. The author
>had a whole laundry list of complaints, and suggested that the Hexar was a
>better choice in many instances. A conclusion that I second!
>Regards,

It seems to me that every time he finds a fault with the G2 he smooths it
over at the end as being a "quibble." Reread the direct comparison with the
M or the lens review. The Leica M comes off sounding like a very pretty
dinosaur and the 50 Summicron-M ends up missing out on something intangible
(and unexplained).

Oh, well, I'm sure he had good intentions, and the Hexar was a good little
camera. I had one for a while, but just never used it much with the M6 + 35
Summicron calling to me.

Happy shooting,

Charlie