Subject: Re: [Leica] leica CL
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:02:56 +0200

OK here goes: I started my Leica ownership with a CL long ago. I had th=
normal for CL 40 mm Summicron-C lens and then I picked the 50 mm
Summicron-M and the 2.8 Tele-Elmarit M. All worked rather well. A good,
light outfit.

Problems? Yes, the rangefinder wouldn=B4t stay tuned - but it was fixed=
 for
good. Erratic exposure - the repairers said that it was impossible to
adjust the shutter so that it would give consistent exposures - I seem =
remember that the 1/60 was particularly at fault. So I changed it for a=
 M6
and got a very good deal. But I have good memories of the CL though. Wo=
uld
like to try the CLE (Minolta, that is).

Hope this gives you some insight. Raimo