Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux vs. Summicron
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 07:40:37 -0700

The Noctilux is a "special purpose" lens. It's huge in size (blocks much of
the viewfinder frame) and very expensive. I personally would never think of
giving up my Summicron for a Noctilux. You'll use a Summicron 99% of the
time, the Noctilux the other 1%. And it's the 50 Summicron that started
this whole Bokeh thing with the Japanese (if I remember correctly). It's
tough to beat the quality of a 50 Summicron image.

Jim