Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux vs. Summicron
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:20:58 EDT

<< I am contemplating buying a Noctilux to replace my Summicron. What kind
 of results will I get from the Noctilux when stopped down to f2.0? Will it
 be close to what I get with my Summicron?  >>

Phil, I do not recommend that Noctilux as your only 50 mm lens.  It is a
wonderful lens for certain situations, but not for all situations.  No matter
what aperture, it never has the sharpness of the Summicron.  It is also quite
large and heavy.

Tom Shea