Subject: [Leica] R6.2 Shutter Speed Dial
From: yeo-ka@dematic.com.sg
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:25:36 +0800

     Hi Everybody;
    =20
     I have been on this list for same time now, and recently just bought a=
=20
     R6=2E2 new body without lens=2E Everything seems OK when I checked it=20
     without a lens=2E This week, I managed to get my hands on a used mint=20
     50mm and whilst playing with the camera, discovered that the meter=20
     does not linked with the shutter speed dial=2E
    =20
     When adjusting the aperture while pointing the camera at a particular=20
     object, I could determine the correct exposure with say, F11 and=20
     1/125s speed=2E Moving the aperture to the left or right is accompanie=
d=20
     with the change in the meter's indication -- OK=2E But when the apertu=
re=20
     is maintained at F11 and the shutter speed moved away from the 1/125s=20
     setting, the meter does not change, that is, it still indicates the=20
     correct exposure although the shutter speed dial has now been moved=20
     off the 1/125s mark=2E=20
    =20
     All these changes in settings were done with the same subject with no=20
     change in lighting brightness=2E Is my R6=2E2 body faulty? Or am I doi=
ng=20
     something wrong here? If there is something wrong, the dealer could=20
     arrange for a new set to replace this one, but I just wanted to be=20
     sure=2E
    =20
     BTW, has anyone tried the 28~70mm zoom? Is the quality comparable with=
=20
     the fixed focal lengths, except that I will miss out on the maximum=20
     apertures?
    =20
     Thanks in advance for your advices=2E
    =20