Subject: Re: [Leica] vasoline
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:59:22 -0400

The R7manual speaks about this- you put a tiny ( teensy-weensy) dab of
vaseline in
a cotton swab, and lightly anoint the four tabs of the bayonet ( three with
the R lenses),and the mounting ring on the camera, then WIPE IT OFF WITH A
CLEAN CLOTH. This will leave enough lubrication for years. They recommend
this treatment only if you have cleaned the bayonet thoroughly with a
solvent of some sort which removes the oil.
This is a case of 'less being better!'
Cheers,
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com